Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The joy of Morning Sickness

The past couple weeks morning sickness has really taken its toll on me. Over the last 3 days I haven't really been able to keep anything in my stomach. It finally got to the point were I just felt so helpless. The doctors prescribed me three different medications to help try and relieve it. All failed, as did little home remedies we heard to try. So Brent took me into the doctor and they did some tests finding I was pretty dehydrated. They decided to put me on an IV. They got us a good deal on the best medicine ever...Zofran. The doctor made a funny joke that "The baby must really like it in me cause its making me soo sick." I wish it didn't like it that much! But i guess its a good thing!

They left me with an IV in my arm, taped me up, and sent me on my way after pumping me up with some good stuff...

Brent was assigned the job of flushing out my IV every 8 Hours...here he goes. He felt powerful with that needle!


And there it is after all is said and done. Its lovely I know...

So there is the fun of my pregnancy experience thus far! We'll see how the next seven months go!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing. Um, that pic with Brent and a needle is a little questionable to me, ha ha just kidding I'm sure he would do great. Hopefully you're sickness will be over soon. It'll just make you really appreciate your baby : )

Nebeker's said...

I'm so sorry it's getting to you. Good thing you have a good husband to take care of you.

Carrie said...

Hopefully you will only be sick the first trimester huh? That looks awful!