Thursday, December 18, 2008

.......Boy or Girl......

Today we had a doctors appointment and Ultrasound! We were able to find out the gender of the baby! Unfortunately we will not be posting or making the announcement on here until Christmas when our families know! But We will share some pictures and tell of most of the experience!!

This Picture was while we were waiting to go into the ultrasound. I had a very full bladder, as I was told that I should so that we could get a better picture of the baby! I must say I don't ever recall my bladder ever being so full!! BUT it was well worth it!! OH and I have only gained one pound since my last visit! I was shocked..and it was probably all the fluid I was holding in :) But they said I'm fine..So a total of 3 pound gain from my normal weight! 5-10 is normal at this point.

The first thing the ultrasound tech said was "oh yes, your bladder is quite full...that makes my day". Apparently she likes it when the bladder is full! As you can see on my right arm they drew blood right before. I have actually never had that happen..Besides the IV for this pregnancy! How fun..

Here is the baby's profile! He/She was actually laying flat right before this picture was taken. It's like the baby knew we were going to take a picture and tried to pose by sticking its feet up in the air!As you can see the legs are up in air..as its laying there quite contently..After the picture the legs went back down!

During the ultrasound Brent was asking a few questions. The gal would stop with the thing just sitting in one spot. At one point the baby was looking away and as Brent spoke it turned its head as if it was looking directly at us. Off coarse the eyes are still closed..but it made it very real!

This is a picture of the Baby's face. If you look closely the black patch on the tummy, that is the heart.

We had such a good experience! We so excited for this Baby!!! We were able to see a lot..including a little thing that shows the blood that flows through the baby! How amazing it was to see everything that is happening with our baby!!! We can't wait to tell everyone!! They did say that everything looks good and is developing right from what they can see. Stay tuned for the update!!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

We are SOOOO excited!!! Can't wait til' you announce....boy or girl! I go back and forth trying to decide what I think it is. One more week, yay! I love all the pictures you posted, good job : )

The Laws said...

So fun!!! I can't wait to find out what it is on Christmas...HA!!! ;) I'm so EXCITED for you guys!!!

Amanda, Enoch, Ashlyn and Conrad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda, Enoch, Ashlyn and Conrad said...

I just about spilled the beans and had to hurry and delete it but WAHOO!!!!! So excited fo you guys!!!!!

Karly Michelsen said...

I had a dream that I looked at your blog and it said you were having a boy...I can't wait to find out if my dream was true! :) or if yet another girl is on the way.